I wanted to incorporate two challenges this year. One was my personal challenge to help the local children on the Angel Tree. When my grandchildren were young and I was not living near they would tell me about the Firetruck showing up on Christmas Day with Santa and gifts. It meant a lot to my daughter who is a single parent. After a few years, the firetruck Santa tradition faded away.
Currently, they hold a Children’s Christmas Fair at the fairgrounds. Kids earn gifts playing games, offer free cocoa and cookies, painting and crafting ornaments, a movie, and Santa visit. It’s quite a big adventure around here for the kids. It seems this tradition may go away too. Very few businesses left to support donations and set up booths. I pray this is not the last year for the event. I currently have about 125 beanies to donate. It is a warm feeling when you see a child wearing something you made. Last week I went to a football game and there were quite a few girls sporting headbands my daughter Karen made years ago.
We are about 45 miles away from Walmart where they set up Angel Trees. Now this year a local business is hopeful to set up an Angel Tree. Not sponsored through the Salvation Army. I believe anyone should be able to set up an Angel Tree. So I am hopeful to be able to donate gifts, stockings, candy, and crocheted items. To do this I need help!
I love giving! It’s a great feeling to be able to give. However, it is also fun to have a contest and see the unique pieces that are created all over the world. So this year I am asking you to donate to the Angel Tree project. With a kick! The $3 pattern fee goes toward the Angel Tree project. I will post pictures as we progress. Patterns may be completed with any color and brand of yarn. You may use any size of hook desired.
Now here is the challenge for your part:
- First, your $$ goes toward a great cause.
- Complete the 100×100 background AND decorate your tree with buttons, ornaments, ribbon, crochet snowflakes, etc. Be creative on decorating and edge.
- On Dec 26-30 I will put the images up for votes in my facebook group
- Finish and post your image so you can win prizes!
- Two (Yes 2) will win a full year ticket $120 value (and over $600 in patterns) to the 2020 TMG Monthly club. (the first and second place winners)
- Two will win a ticket to the January 2020 monthly club ($10 ticket and over $50 in patterns)
- ANYONE who posts the pattern completed with or without decoration finished will get a $10 gift certificate to spend here (azthreads.com)
I hope you consider joining the challenge. To join you must purchase the pattern and join my facebook group for voting purposes. https://www.facebook.com/groups/teachmecrochet/
Purchase the pattern here http://www.azthreads.com/product/christmas-tree-grid-and-written-100×100/
Thank you to all who can participate. If you cannot participate at least come by and vote December 26- 30. Winners announced on January 2nd. Winners must contact me through facebook messaging within 24 hours.